Organizations in many fields have increased their project success and bottom lines by applying formal project management tools and techniques. The hospitality industry is no different and can enormously benefit from formal project management techniques and processes.
This course utilizes case studies and exercises that are relevant to those responsible for festival, event or hospitality projects.
This course emphasizes project planning and the processes that minimize project surprises and overruns.
This fundamental course and its learning objectives can be mastered in a 2 day hands on workshop.
* Acquire general knowledge based on the Project Management Institute’s (PMI) Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) 5th Edition.
* Learn estimation methods and develop project plans.
* Learn stakeholder management techniques
* Return to work ready to improve project management processes
Covered Knowledge Areas
* Creation of a project charter
* Stakeholder management
* Responsibility assignment
* Scope Statement and definition
* Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
* Scope Change Management
* Schedule Development
* Budget Development
* Manage Project Risks
* Project Communications
* Project Meeting Management
* Progress Reporting
* Formal Project Closure
Who Should Attend?
* Are involved in organizing festivals or events.
* Manage or are part of a team producing corporate events.
* Are involved in fundraising activities for non-profit or community organizations.
* Work in the tourism or hospitality sectors.
* Would like to learn fundamental project management tools and techniques.